Saturday, January 12, 2013

Homemade mascara

This recipe came from: http://thankyourbody.com/all-natural-homemade-mascara/

Beeswax melting in coconut oil

3 filled mascara tubes
Today I tried a recipe that I've been wanting to try for a while. It just took a while to get all the right ingredents.

Homemade mascara

2 tsp coconut oil 
4 tsp aloe vera gel
1/2 tsp grated bees wax (grate 
then measure)
2 capsules of activated charcoal
a clean mascara container, from Amazon.com

Directions:
1. Put coconut oil, aloe vera gel, and grated bees wax in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until beeswax is completely melted.
2. Open 1 – 2 capsules of activated charcoal (depending on desired color, about 1/4 – 1/2 tsp) and pour into oil mixture. Stir until completely incorporated. Remove from heat.
3. Pour into a small plastic bag, pushing the mixture down to one corner. Then cut a very small hole in the corner of the bag.
4. Fold the corner with the cut whole until you have a small tip that you can push into the empty mascara tube. (It’s much easier if you have an extra set of hands nearby to hold the tube in place!) Make sure the tip goes far enough into the tube or you’ll have a big mess on your hands!
5. Keep the small-hole-end securely in the tube (or get your helper to hold it in place). Begin pressing the mascara mixture toward the tube. Don’t move too quickly or it will come out and you’ll have mess to deal with. (I highly recommend doing this with a paper towel or napkin underneath.) Keep moving the mixture into the tube until it’s all in.
6. Place the inner cap in place and then twist the wand on tightly. Viola! Homemade mascara!

RESULTS:
So I can't say this was a success. I tried this today, Sunday, and I can't seem to get the substance to stick onto my eyelashes. What a bummer. I am going to have to comment on the blog I got it from and see if we can figure out why it worked for her and not me.


No comments:

Post a Comment