Sunday, January 13, 2013

Oven roasted vegetables

Butternut squash diced up before it's cooked

After cooked
I made this tonight. Since we have a large afternoon lunch, usually a breakfast meal, I serve them a vegetable in the evening so they don't go to be hungry and so that they've had a vegetable that day.

We have enjoyed getting our kids to eat veggies by oven roasting them: potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, and today butternut squash.

I dice up the veggies, put them in a half sheet or casserole dish, use a ketchup sqirter filled with olive oil and sqirt it generously over the veggies. Then I sprinkle on hymalayan crystal salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. On this butternut squash, I also sprinkled on les herb de Provence. Then I bake them in a 425 degree oven for 30-45 minutes until tender. Each veggie is different, so I have had to play with the times. The kids go for the oven roasted vegetable first and they always eat them all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment