Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Homemade Toothpaste

Coconut oil, tooth powder, and essential oil

Homemade Toothpaste

2 Tbsp. coconut oil
2 Tbsp. baking soda
2 Tbsp. bentonite clay
2 Tbsp. calcium magnesium powder
4 Tbps. xylitol
1 tsp. real sea salt powdered (must be powdered)

I doubled all this and put it in my vitamix to make sure it was in a fine powder so as to not be too abrasive and then store it in a glass jar. 

I give each container a couple of tablespoon of the powder and then pour in the desired amount of virgin coconut oil. I like the taste of it. I start with 1 T and then add more if I need to. 

Then I add to each container:
4 drops on guard oil, 2 drops melaluca oil and 2 drops peppermint oil (doTerra brand)
10 drops trace minerals (optional)

Most of my kids will use this and I use it too.


With a  little twist on my part.


No comments:

Post a Comment